Responding to Coronavirus
Avery Eye Clinic is committed to caring for the health and wellbeing of our patients and staff by staying informed and fully complying with all CDC, as well as state and local health department guidelines and recommendations.
What you can expect on your appointment:
- We are asking patients with any respiratory symptoms to reschedule their appointments and stay home until they are well.
- We are observing patients and visitors upon arrival to the clinic, for any who appear sick or seem to have flu-like symptoms. These guests will be directed to an area away from other patients and staff, and their appointment(s) rescheduled.
- We have increased cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces to help prevent the spread of germs.
- We are following all CDC, local health departments, and OSHA guidelines to clean and disinfect exam rooms and equipment between patient use.
What you can do to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- If unable to wash your hands, use an alcohol-based hand cleaner with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a bent elbow or tissue. Immediately dispose of tissue and wash hands after.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining a 6ft distance away from others.
While COVID-19 is often mild, it is spreading very quickly. We all need to work together now to protect the most vulnerable:
- Healthcare workers
- People over 60 years of age
- Those with underlying health conditions (e.g. heart or lung disease, diabetes, or immunocompromised)
Avery Eye Clinic is committed to work with our community leaders to make sure we are part of the solution, not part of the problem, and to continue to do what’s right for our staff and patients.